Installing Editor (optional):
- Programmers now-a-days have a habit of programming web applications in editors. The reason is, using editors makes the compilation + running + debugging + deployment of web application very easy.
- The editors which can be used for developing Struts application are:
- NetBeans (current version is 8.0.1)
- Eclipse (current version is 4.0.1)
- Install any of the editors and give the path of installed JDK when prompted for the installed version of Java.
- Make sure you download the version compatible with your Operating System bit (i.e. 32 bit or 64 bit).
- If you install an editor, skip the second step (of installing and configuring web server). Because, the editors come with full package of compiler + editor + debugger console + web server + exe creator.
- In our tutorial, we will be using NetBeans as editor. To install NetBeans with Apache Tomcat web server use following steps:
- Install NetBeans.exe:
- Click on Customize editor:
- Enable Apache Tomcat 8.0.3 option :
No need to select Junit
- Make sure that correct JDK version is selected in NetBeans installation:
- Give the path for Apache Software Foundation installation. If not necessary, do not change this path. Because the same path will be added as the environment variables in your computer properties:
- Check the option for updates if necessary (preferable).